F510 & F525 Cylinder Block – INSPECT CRANKSHAFT BALL BEARING
1. Remove flywheel and oil seal. (See Inspect Oil Seals in this group.)
2. Remove crankshaft bearing using a bearing, bushing and seal driver set.
3. Thoroughly clean bearing in solvent. Dip bearing in light weight oil.
4. Spin the bearing by hand and check for axial (A) and radial (B) free play.
5. Replace the bearing if it is noisy or has too much play. The bearing is a press fit into crankcase. Check crankcase bore for damage from spun bearing. Replace crankcase if necessary.
6. Install bearing flush to inside of crankcase using a bearing, bushing and seal driver set.
7. Install oil seal.
BALL BEARING O.D. SPECIFICATION
New Part . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 79.98-80.00 mm (3.149-3.150 in.)