F510 & F525 Cylinder Head and Valves – REMOVE AND INSTALL CYLINDER HEAD ASSEMBLY
1. Remove blower housing. (See Remove and Install Blower Housing in Group 10.)
2. Remove carburetor. (See Remove and Install Carburetor in Section 30, Group 20.)
3. Remove rocker arm assembly. (See Remove and Install Rocker Arm Assembly in this group.)
4. Remove shields.
5. Remove spark plug.
6. Remove cap screws, nuts, spacers (A), and washers (B) to remove cylinder head assembly.
7. Make repairs as necessary. (See procedures in this group.)
IMPORTANT: Gasket surfaces are coated with sealant. Do not damage surfaces or gasket during installation.
8. Install cylinder head assembly with new gasket. Install cap screws, spacers, washers, and nuts and tighten finger tight.
9. Tighten cap screws and nuts if equipped, in sequence shown. Tighten to initial torque of 32 N·m (24 lb-ft).
10. Continue in sequence, 7 N·m (62 lb-in.) at a time, to final torque of 52 N·m (38 lb-ft).
11. Install spark plug and tighten to 20 N·m (177 lb-in.).
12. Install shields.
13. Check valve clearance. (See Valve Clearance Adjustment in Section 220, Group 15.)