F510 & F525 Mower Deck – DISASSEMBLE AND ASSEMBLE 46-INCH MOWER SPINDLE ASSEMBLY
NOTE: There are three spindles on the 46-inch mower.
1. Remove nut (A), sheave (C) and key (B).
2. Press spindle shaft (M) down through housing (L).
3. Remove lower snap ring (K). Press on inner and outer races of upper bearing (D), remove lower bearing and spacer (E).
4. Turn hub over and press upper bearing (D) out.
5. Inspect bearings, shaft, spacer and hub for wear or damage. Replace parts if necessary.
IMPORTANT: Support both the inner and outer bearing races when pressing in bearings or shaft.
6. Position lower bearing in hub. Make sure land riding seal of bearing is away from hub. Press bearing against upper snap ring.
7. Install spacer (E). Fill area (F) with MPG-2® Polymer Multipurpose Grease or equivalent.
8. Support inner and outer races of lower bearing and press upper bearing against against spacer (E), keeping spacer in alignment. Make sure land riding seal of bearing is away from hub.
9. Install lower snap ring (K). Fill area (F) around snap ring with MPG-2® Polymer Multipurpose Grease or equivalent.
10. Support inner and outer upper bearing races and press spindle shaft (M) into hub.
11. Check rolling torque of spindle. Maximum allowable torque is 0.07 N·m (0.6 lb-in.).