F510 & F525 Transmission – INSPECT PUMP DRIVE SHAFT ASSEMBLY
1. Clean bearing (C) and dry with compressed air, while keeping bearing from spinning.
2. Coat bearing with light weight oil and check for smooth operation.
3. Check for axial (A) and radial (B) play. If rough operation or excessive play is noted, remove snap ring (D) and replace bearing using a bearing driver.
4. Inspect gear teeth and spline for nicks and improper tooth contact.
5. Measure outside diameter of journal (E). Replace shaft if damaged or if journal O.D. is less than 11.90 mm (0.46 in.).
A—Axial Play Distance
B—Radial Play Distance
C—Drive Shaft Bearing
E—Drive shaft Journal