F510 & F525 Cylinder Block – INSPECT AND REPLACE GOVERNOR
IMPORTANT: DO NOT remove governor assembly unless worn or damaged. Removal damages the assembly.
1. Remove crankcase cover. (See Remove and Install Crankcase Cover in this group.)
2. Check governor gear, sleeve, and flyweights for binding. If necessary to replace, remove with screwdriver.
3. If removed, press shaft (C) back into block until it protrudes 32.2—32.8 mm (1.267—1.291 in.).
NOTE: Assemble sleeve and gear before installing assembly on shaft.
4. Install sleeve (A) inside flyweights of governor gear (B).
5. Install governor assembly onto shaft (C). Push down on assembly until it snaps into place. Check sleeve for free movement.