F510 & F525 Cylinder Block – REMOVE AND INSTALL RECIPROCATING BALANCER
1. Remove flywheel. (See Group 10—Remove and Install Flywheel.)
2. Remove camshaft. (See Remove and Install Camshaft in this group.)
3. Remove piston. (See Remove and Install Piston and Connecting Rod in this group.)
4. Remove support shaft (A).
5. Remove crankshaft with balancer assembly (B).
6. Make repairs as necessary. (See procedures in this group.)
NOTE: DO NOT remove oil seal (C) unless it is to be replaced. Removal will damage seal.
7. Inspect oil seals. (See Inspect Oil Seals in this group.)
8. Cover keyway on flywheel end of crankshaft with tape
to prevent damage to seal (C) when installing assembly.
9. Put light film of oil on crankshaft bearing surfaces.
10. Install balancer assembly with crankshaft into crankcase (D).
11. Align balancer weight in crankcase and install support shaft. Tighten support shaft nuts to 7.3 N·m (65 lb-in.).
12. Adjust crankshaft end play. (See Adjust Crankshaft End Play in this group.)