F510 & F525 Mower Deck – DISASSEMBLE AND ASSEMBLE 38-INCH MOWER SPINDLE ASSEMBLY
NOTE: There are two spindles on the 38-Inch mower.
1. Remove nut (A) and spindle sheave (C).
2. Press spindle shaft (G) down through housing (F).
3. Remove bearings (D) and spacer (E) from housing.
4. Inspect bearings, shaft, spacer and hub for wear or damage. Replace parts if necessary.
IMPORTANT: Support both the inner and outer bearing races when pressing in bearings or shaft.
5. Press top bearing (D) into housing until seated against shoulder.
6. Install spacer (E).
7. Support both inner and outer upper bearing races and install remaining bearing (D) to bottom of bore in housing. Press until bearing is seated against spacer.
8. Align spacer (E) and press shaft (G) into housing.
9. Install key (B), sheave (C) and lock nut (A).
Tighten lock nut to 140 N·m (103 lb-ft).
10. Fill spindle housing completely with MPG-2® Polymer Multipurpose Grease or equivalent.